
LAS VEGAS, NV,— In the main event of Dana White’s Contender Series on Tuesday night, Brazilian welterweight Kaik Brito secured his spot in the UFC with a spectacular knockout victory over Namo Fazil, a Kurdish-Finnish fighter.
The highly anticipated bout, which had drawn significant attention from MMA fans around the world, came to an early end before the scheduled three rounds were complete.
The fight was competitive throughout, with Fazil pressing forward aggressively while Brito showcased superior technique and counter-striking to stay ahead on the scorecards.
Over two competitive rounds, the two traded strikes and gamesmanship, but Brito’s accuracy and precision counterpunch style proved effective against Fazil’s relentless forward aggression.
That technical edge proved decisive in the third round when Brito seized an opening and ended the fight just 12 seconds in with a thunderous overhand right that sent Fazil unconscious to the canvas.
The knockout was so devastating that the UFC immediately offered Brito a contract to join the world’s top MMA promotion.

Brito, a two-time Oktagon champion, had previously competed on the Contender Series in 2023 but lost a decision. He vacated his title in July for this second opportunity, showing his complete commitment to reaching the UFC.
“I’m 100 percent happy and grateful for this opportunity,” Brito said after the fight. “God allowed me to come back and I got a second chance to show what I’ve got. I knew I belonged in the UFC.”
In the decisive third round, Brito capitalized on Fazil’s continued cage aggression, landing a perfectly-timed overhand right that caught Fazil flush and dropped him cold with a walk-off knockout.
“I noticed Dana was right there, and I thought, ‘I’m going to do this right in front of the boss so he can see it,’” Brito said, referring to UFC CEO Dana White.
The dramatic finish fulfilled Brito’s long-time dream of earning a UFC contract.
For Fazil, who entered the fight on a seven-fight winning streak, the loss snapped his momentum. The Kurdish-Finnish fighter had gained attention for competing on a major Netflix card earlier this year.
Brito, now 20-6 as a professional, said he is ready to make his UFC debut as soon as possible.
(With files from Agencies)
Copyright © 2026 iKurd.net. All rights reserved.














