
WASHINGTON,— U.S. President Donald Trump called on other nations to deploy warships to protect global oil shipments through the Strait of Hormuz, which remains nearly blocked by the threat of Iranian attacks.
Since the start of the U.S.-Israeli military campaign against Iran on February 28, Tehran has maintained its military operations despite Trump’s claim that the country’s forces were “100%” destroyed.
Iranian strikes and warnings have slowed shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, a key corridor for roughly one-fifth of the world’s oil, pushing petroleum prices up 40 percent and disrupting international markets.
The Iranian military has used drones and missiles to target Israel, Gulf energy infrastructure, and other locations across the Middle East.
On Saturday, Trump posted that multiple nations, particularly those impacted by Iran’s efforts to block the Strait of Hormuz, would deploy warships alongside the United States to ensure safe passage.
He mentioned that China, France, Japan, South Korea, the United Kingdom, and others might participate.
Trump also pledged ongoing U.S. attacks, writing, “In the meantime, the United States will be bombing the hell out of the shoreline, and continually shooting Iranian boats and ships out of the water.”
U.S. forces targeted Iran’s Kharg Island on Friday, the main hub for Iranian oil exports, claiming to have “obliterated every military target” while leaving energy facilities untouched.
Iran warned that any strike on its oil infrastructure could reduce U.S.-linked firms to “a pile of ashes.”
The Pentagon reports that more than 15,000 sites in Iran have been hit by U.S. and Israeli operations. U.S. media said the amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli and about 2,500 Marines have been sent to the region.
Iran has appeared determined to maintain internal stability despite the death of Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei on the first day of the conflict.
His son, Mojtaba Khamenei, was named the new supreme leader but has not appeared publicly and is reportedly injured.
Iranian authorities stated Saturday that “there is no problem with the new supreme leader.”
Iran continued to strike Israel and other regional targets over the weekend. Smoke was seen rising over the UAE port of Fujairah, which houses a major oil terminal, after Tehran warned civilians to avoid the area.
According to Security sources a drone hit the U.S. embassy in Baghdad, the second strike of its kind since the war began.
The Emirati consulate in Iraqi Kurdistan was targeted for the second time in one week. U.S. officials in Baghdad urged citizens to leave immediately.
Elsewhere, a drone damaged radar equipment at Kuwait International Airport with no injuries reported. Parts of downtown Doha were evacuated as Qatari forces intercepted two missiles.
Iran’s Revolutionary Guards said they fired missiles at U.S. forces at the Al-Kharj base in Saudi Arabia.
Riyadh did not confirm the strikes but reported earlier that six ballistic missiles toward Al-Kharj were intercepted.
(With files from AFP)
Copyright © 2026 iKurd.net. All rights reserved.















